OF BEING A MEMBER
We represent workers in the entertainment industry in Montreal for over 100 years. As a union member, you are protected by a legal and collective contract that establishes your salary, benefits, working conditions and more.
To be protected against the unfair and illegal activities of an employer.
RETIREMENT AND HEALTH BENEFITS
Access to retirement and health benefits for you and your family.
Have at your side expertise in union representation, law and negotiation in the event of a dispute with an employer.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
To be able to participate in the education and training opportunities offered by the union.
DIGNITY & RESPECT
Have a voice, a vote and a dignity in an industry that continues to grow.
Having a membership card is the closest thing to job security in our industry.
Join the Union
These are the 3 ways you can become a member with Local 56 at the moment :
- By integrating a priority list for an employer who is already accredited by Local 56,
- By working for an employeur whose employees unite and ask to be represented by Local 56,
- By taking calls, showcasing your skills and being flawless at every level.
- By going at the A.I.E.S.T. office. 56 in order to:
- complete the membership form;
- complete the entry questionnaire;
- read the documents presented to you.
- Subsequently, the New Members Committee (email@example.com) will contact you to continue the process. Delivery times can vary considerably.
Would you like to be represented and defended by a union that understands you?
Do you want better working conditions for you and your colleagues?
Would you like to be part of a large family of experienced stagehands?
Find out what a Union can do for you.
Contact the following officers with any questions related to organizing.
All communication with our officers is strictly confidential.