If an accident happens on a contract with Le Regroupement des Techniciens de la Scène du Québec, it is the employer.
- A copy of all documents must be submitted to the CNESST, the employee and the employer. It is recommended that you send an extra copy to our office for reference.
- Fill out the Accident Report with your employer on the day of the accident. (Only if the injured person is able to)
- Fill out the CNESST form i.e. Worker’s claim. (To be completed within 6 months following the accident.) (It can also be completed online (French only) : https://www.csst.qc.ca/formulaires/Pages/1939.aspx)
Make sure that YES is checked on the form for the ”Do you have more than one job” and ”Does your injury prevent you from working on other jobs” questions?
- The injured person must be paid for his entire shift on the day of the accident.
- The employer must fill out the CNESST form Avis de l’employeur et demande de remboursement and pay 90% of any lost salary for the next 2 weeks (14 days) following the accident.. (To be completed within 6 months following the accident for employers only) Example : Date of the accident : August 9th 2016 = 14 days from the 10th to the 23rd of August 2016.
- The CNESST will ask for the lost wages on other jobs you would have worked on during those 14 days. The business agent will provide the hours lost and the name of the employers with whom you would have worked and you will receive a letter to the attention of the CNESST. The CNESST pays 90% of the lost wages.
- After 14 days, the CNESST pays 90% of the maximum insurable earnings (Salaire maximum annuel assurable) based on your annual salary. You will have to call each employer for whom you have worked and obtain a letter confirming your gross earnings for the period requested by the CNESST (Usually the last 12 months before the day of the accident).
Information on steps to follow (French only) : http://www.csst.qc.ca/employeurs/accidents-maladies-lesions/procedures-suivis/Pages/procedures-suivis.aspx